(Also see the letter to LEO members by President Bonnie Halloran.)
The LEO Annual Membership Convention convened on the UM-Dearborn campus on Saturday, October 26.
- --Played the LEO Trivia Game as an ice-breaker.
- --Celebrated our 10th Anniversary with a toast and account of our many accomplishments.
- --Table groups reviewed and revised draft document of "LEO Goals 2013-18."
- --PAC, Communication, Finance, Organizing & Grievance Committees all presented plans.
- --Table groups reviewed and revised committee plans for 2013-18.
- 2014 LEO Budget was finalized and approved.
- --Lunch and awards:
Lifetime Achievement Award - Elizabeth Axelson
Lifetime Achievement Award - Jan Worth
Outstanding Grievance Officer (Dearborn) - Barb Matthei
Sprit Award - Lila Naydan
True Blue Award - Ranjanpreet Nagra
The Strategic Plan will go through one more revision process on November 19th & 20th, at our Membership meetings.
All members attending the convention received a handsome mug commenorating the union's 10th anniversary!
LEO members vote to approve the 2014 budget.